Wednesday, December 26, 2007

baby carriers in Alaskahttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

It's amazing how much babywearing has "caught on" up here over the last few years. While Christmas shopping I saw lots of pouches, ring slings, sscs, and even some stretchy wraps! It's so great in the cold weather of Alaska to be able to tuck your little one into a carrier and then under a babywearing coat or vest.
I actually took a stroller with me this year and though our toddler enjoyed the ride (and I enjoyed a basket for shopping bags) I really missed talking to him. Well, we chatted and sang but he was so much further away! It was hard to hear. :(

So, we have a new shipment of the beco Obi in stock. I love the simplicity of this design and the fabric is gorgeous. It's wonderful to have carriers that allow for comfortable and safe forward facing-out positions; the pikkolo is also amazingly comfy and new fabrics will be on the way later this winter.

We're getting into the season for cabin fever and claustrophobia...
A great investment for the next few years is a Peekaru vest or Kindercoat. Both are amazingly warm and versatile enough for Alaskan weather. Easy to wear and relatively stylish, they allow for easy winter babywearing.

I'm in the process of listing organic BabyLegs and a new line of nursing necklaces! I love both of these and they make great baby shower gifts too.

No comments: